Talk To Us (For Parents)
Talk2Us is our therapeutic counselling service and group work programme for parents / guardians / caregivers of children up to the age of 18 (or 26 if they are dependent). We are here to support you if you or your child is experiencing mental health problems and you are worried about the impact on your family’s wellbeing.
Talk2Us… If you are a Parent Experiencing Mental Health Problems
If you are a parent with a mental health problem, you may be worried about the impact of your illness on your child. You might be experiencing:
- Anxiety, stress or low mood.
- Low self-esteem or a loss of confidence.
- Panic disorder or a sleeping disorder.
- Trauma-based issues.
- Relationship issues including divorce, separation, fractured relationships or mixed families.
- Feeling overwhelmed.
Talk2Us…. If your Child is Experiencing Mental Health Problems
Perhaps your child is experiencing mental, emotional or behavioural issues and you require additional support for yourself.
The Talk2Us service offers trauma-informed interventions, such as:
- Stress management
- Psychosocial education
- One-to-one counselling
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Person-Centred Therapy
- Motivational interviewing
- Coping and social skills training
- Harm reduction
- Relapse prevention
Every parent using the Talk2Us service will have the opportunity to access group support, group work programmes and workshops on specific topics, such as:
- Learning new communication skills.
- Learning to parent while coping with mental health concerns.
- Understanding the challenges of parenting.
- How to recognise and work with mental health issues.
Talk2Us will accept both self-referrals as well as referrals from GPs, social work, Child and Adolescents Health Services (CAMHS), schools and nurseries, as well as other third sector partners.